Love is a powerful and complex emotion, and it can often be difficult to recognize when a relationship is toxic and abusive. Unhealthy relationships can have a profound impact on our mental and emotional wellbeing, and it is important to be able to identify the warning signs and take steps to protect ourselves.
In this blog post, we will be exploring 150 of the best songs about toxic love relationships, providing a powerful and moving soundtrack to the experiences of those who have suffered at the hands of abusive partners.
From heart-wrenching ballads to empowering anthems, these songs are a testament to the resilience of the human spirit and the importance of speaking out against abuse in all its forms.
Whether you are someone who has experienced an abusive relationship, or simply want to gain a deeper understanding of this important issue, this post is for you.
So sit back, put on your headphones, and join us on a journey through the best songs about toxic love and unhealthy relationships.
Breaking Free: A Journey Through the Pain and Beauty With This List of Songs About Toxic Love Relationships
- “Could’ve Would’ve Should’ve” – Taylor Swift
- “I Knew You Were Trouble” – Taylor Swift
- “Better Man” – Pearl Jam
- “Illicit Affairs” – Taylor Swift
- “Hotter Than Hell” – Dua Lipa
- “New Rules” – Dua Lipa
- “Hot N Cold” – Katy Perry
- “Toxic” – Britney Spears
- “Love The Way You Lie” – Eminem ft. Rihanna
- “Drunk in Love” – Beyoncé
- “Rock Bottom” – Hailee Steinfeld
- “The Heart Wants What It Wants” – Selena Gomez
- “Poison” – Rita Ora
- “Bad Romance” – Lady Gaga
- “Kill For You” – Skylar Grey
- “Energy” – Keri Hilson
- “Stitches” – Shawn Mendes
- “Leave Me Lonely” – Ariana Grande
- “Sorry” – Justin Bieber
- “Bad Things” – Machine Gun Kelly ft. Camila Cabello
- “Church Bells” – Carrie Underwood
- “I Will Survive” – Gloria Gaynor
- “Smoke When I Drink” – Kelleigh Bannen
- “Blown Away” – Carrie Underwood
- “You Give Love a Bad Name” – Bon Jovi
- “Love it When You Hate Me” – Avril Lavigne
- “I Fell in Love with the Devil” – Avril Lavigne
- “Girl” – Destiny’s Child
- “Grenade” – Bruno Mars
- “Sucker for Pain” – Lil Wayne ft. Wiz Khalifa, Imagine Dragons, Logic, Ty Dolla $ign, X Ambassadors
- “Bleeding Love” – Leona Lewis
- “It Won’t Let Go” – Gloriana
- “Broken Strings” – James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado
- “Numb” – Linkin Park
- “Ruin My Life” – Zara Larsson
- “Gunpowder and Lead” – Miranda Lambert
- “Butterfly” – Mariah Carey
- “Bad Boys” – Alexandra Burke
- “Stay” – DJ Khaled
- “Closer” – Chainsmokers ft. Halsey
- “Kill Bill” – SZA
- “Irresistible” – Fall Out Boy ft. Demi Lovato
- “Going Under” – Evanescence
- “Vicious Love” – New Found Glory
- “Shape of You” – Ed Sheeran
- “Rose Colored Glasses” – Kelly Rowland
- “Black Out” – Danielle Bradbery
- “Playing With Fire” – Thomas Rhett ft. Danielle Bradbery
- “Mad Love” – JoJo
- “Toxic” – Kehlani
- “Back to You” – Louis Tomlinson
- “Love on the Brain” – Rihanna
- “Something in the Way You Move” – Ellie Goulding
- “Behind the Wall” – Tracy Chapman
- “Jar of Hearts” – Christina Perri
- “Cold” – Maroon 5
- “Face Down” – Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- “Jealous” – Beyoncé
- “I Miss the Misery” – Halestorm
- “Hate Me” by Ellie Goulding
- “Kim” by Eminem
- “You Don’t Own Me” by Dusty Springfield
- “abcedfu” by GAYLE
- “Walls Could Talk” by Halsey
- “Put My Heart Down” by Sara Evans
- “Selfish” by Madison Beer
- “All Too Well” by Taylor Swift
- “You Broke Me First” by Tate McRae
- “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus
- “Happier Than Ever” by Billie Eilish
- “Decode” by Paramore
- “Angry All the Time” by Tim McGraw
- “Back to Black” by Amy Winehouse
- “Only Love Can Hurt Like This” by Paloma Faith
- “Kiss with a Fist” by Florence and the Machine
How well do you recognise some of these songs? Take our toxic love songs lyrics quiz to find out
Recognising Toxic Relationships
Recognising the signs of a toxic relationship can be difficult, especially when you are in the midst of it. You may feel like you are walking on eggshells, constantly trying to please your partner, or feel like you are being controlled or manipulated. However, it’s important to recognise these warning signs and seek help if necessary. By being aware of the red flags, you can empower yourself to make a change and take control of your life.
Many of the songs on our list of 150 Songs About Toxic Love Relationships are about toxic relationships, with lyrics that describe the pain, confusion, and sadness that often come with being in a toxic relationship. If you find yourself relating to these lyrics, it’s important to take a step back and assess your own relationship.
If you’re struggling to leave a toxic relationship, know that you are not alone. There is help available, and it’s never too late to make a change. Whether it’s talking to a trusted friend, seeking support from a therapist, or reaching out to a hotline, there are resources available to help you escape a toxic relationship and begin the healing process. So, if you’re feeling trapped or unsure of what to do next, remember that you are strong, you are brave, and you deserve to be in a healthy, loving relationship.
In our blog post on healing from toxic relationships, we delve deeper into this topic and provide you with helpful tips and resources to help you navigate this difficult time. Whether you’re just starting to recognise the signs of a toxic relationship, or you’re well on your way to healing, our post is here to support and guide you every step of the way.
Where To Go For Help
If you need help and support for domestic violence, you can reach out to the following organisations.
Once you’re on the other side of a toxic love relationship, it’s time to re-build your own self worth, focus on self love, heal from the bad relationship and get back to being the bad B you always were.
So check out some of our top picks for the most empowering songs about self worth and get them straight on your playlist.
Share these song recommedations with friends, or on social media.
1 thought on “75 Songs About Toxic Love Relationships”