September 28, 2013
The Meaning of No

Syrbal says:

If it is wrong when a MALE doesn’t listen to what a female is saying; why is it ok when women also refuse to listen?

How do I know this? Because in 1971, still a virgin at age 20 (unlike Samantha who had already had consensual sex with a boyfriend before the night with Polanski when she was drugged and raped), I was raped. I was not drugged. I had some wine, but I was not drunk or impaired. I said “No” and was ignored…

Nobody who insists ALL rapes are equal and all rapists equally monstrous actually serves society by that claim. Because if men who have been taught, as my rapist was and doubtless as Polanski was, that seduction involves women who lie with their “no” for society’s eye, will ever ASK “Did I do wrong?” Because no man, even wanting to confront a situation setting off some belated inner alarm bell, wants to be THAT monster. So, rape of the non-horrific, non-vicious variety remains the unspeakable topic. As long as EVERY man is branded as a rapist by dint of possessing the ‘weapon’ of rape … well, that is much like branding every gun-owner a serial killer. It accomplishes nothing good at all.

Before you rise up in outrage or nod in agreement, go here and read the whole thing. There may be more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Posted by Jerome Doolittle at September 28, 2013 02:32 PM

Comments

Not going to go read it. WATBs got nothing to say that I need to hear.

Posted by: karen marie on September 28, 2013 4:55 PM

Whiny assed titty baby, is it? Well....thta is certainly a nice, mature, thoughtful feminine voice, isn't it? You are half right, I've got nothing to say that you are CAPABLE of hearing.

Posted by: Syrbal/Labrys on September 28, 2013 8:43 PM

Take it easy, folks. God loves you both, and so do I.

Posted by: Jerry Doolittle on September 29, 2013 9:35 AM

Sorry, Jerry. As I said....society, especially women, have been more harmful to me in the 40 years since my 20th birthday, than the rape. Thus my snap-back.

Posted by: Syrbal/Labrys on September 29, 2013 3:26 PM

My initial sense has been confirmed. Sorry, Jerry.

Posted by: karen marie on September 29, 2013 11:25 PM

No problem. In My house are many mansions.

Posted by: Jerry Doolittle on September 30, 2013 10:56 AM