June 29, 2012
Escape From Obamacare

Thursday’s Supreme Court decision on the Affordable Care Act was the last straw for some conservatives. The prospect of Obama and his socialist minions depriving hard-working, under-employed Americans of the right to go bankrupt after they get sick is just too awful to behold. So these hardy libertarians have decided to repatriate themselves someplace where the poisonous tentacles of socialism can never reach them again … Somalia Canada!

Lucas Dargis
@LucasDargis Follow: The supreme court upheld Obama Care. That’s it. I’m moving to Canada!

Walter Weldon
@WallyWeldon Follow: I’m moving to Canada, the United States is entirely too socialist.

Van Summers
@VanSummers Follow: #SCOTUS holds up free healthcare for everyone?! Screw this commie country, I’m moving to #Canada #whoswithme.

Call me crazy, but I don’t think Canada is going to issue genius visas for those guys.

(I’m not a big fan of the bill, by the way. I just think it’s hilarious watching conservatives have nervous breakdowns over it. What would they do if a real progressive ever came to town?) (Don’t answer that.)

Posted by OHollern at June 29, 2012 03:09 PM

Comments

Moving to Canada because the U.S. is too socialist? Conservatives just don't get irony do they.

Posted by: ORAXX on June 29, 2012 4:44 PM

I find it amazing, AMAZING, I TELL YA! that they were obviously not listening these last three years, nor do they believe that the the United States is the only developed country without universal health care.

If they do not want to be forced to obtain a PCP to oversee their good or bad health, may I suggest they try Haiti where you have to spend a whole day in line to maybe or maybe not see a doctor who may or may not be able to help you.

I say have at it! Go! Don't let the door hit you in the behind. Their leaving may make my office visit wait time shorter, and you know how we Americans are when we have to WAIT for something!

Posted by: Pat on June 30, 2012 4:59 AM

Good riddance!

Posted by: Peter on June 30, 2012 1:32 PM

Canada, doesn't allow "Americans". Neither, as we cross that threshold, will Cascadia. There is nothing east of the Rocky mountains we need.

Posted by: Ten Bears on July 1, 2012 5:20 PM

I wonder if Canada's free public health care will provide these morons with no-charge brain replacement surgery.

Posted by: Steve on July 2, 2012 6:35 AM