January 27, 2012
The Fetus Eaters

He’d be alive yet if he had known that Oklahoma State Senator Ralph Shortey would surface one day, introducing a bill to ban the sale of food made from the kidneys of aborted human fetuses.

The senator believes that cells from these innocent pre-born Americans are already being used, or could be used, or might be used, or something, to enhance the flavor of soft drinks and potato chips. Or something. But let Senator Shortey tell you about it himself. Here’s the audio.

BabyKidney.jpg

Posted by Jerome Doolittle at January 27, 2012 07:09 PM

Comments

It's Oklahoma, what do you expect? Their two U.S. senators are Coburn and Inhofe, Dumb and Dumber. This guy Shorty is in that grand tradition.

Posted by: Fast Eddie on January 27, 2012 8:51 PM

I thought they were anti regulation, free market etc., what's going on here?

Posted by: knowdoubt on January 28, 2012 6:55 AM

Sigh ... There seems to be absolutely no limit to stupidity, and the Lord above has spread it liberally on right wing politicians all over the world.

Guess He wanted to help the left but didn't think it through properly.

Posted by: Peter on January 28, 2012 7:37 AM

"Years ago an elderly relative of mine, sick and near death, told me the only thing that kept him going was opening the paper one more morning to see what stupid shit the bastards were up to now."

I have no reason to go on existing. I can't read books, I can't listen to new music, I can't hold a conversation, I can't travel and I'm sick of my seven to ten doctors.

The only thing that keeps me going is wondering just exactly what the fools will do next.

Posted by: on January 28, 2012 9:46 AM

Amen to that, sister (or brother?) All we can do is try to stay warm, keep on breathing....and laugh.

Posted by: Liberati on January 28, 2012 9:54 AM

If this bill passes, innocent americans can be used to enhance the flavor of soft drinks and potato chips only AFTER they are born. Freedom Fries will never taste the same.

I wonder, would this legislation prevent stem cell bioweapon research? The GOP might get upset if it did.

Posted by: John Anthony Curran on January 30, 2012 7:08 PM