January 09, 2012
No Apologies Necessary

Hot off the wire from CNN:

In his last days in office, outgoing Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour pardoned two men convicted of murder, a state official said Monday…

OMG, is it possible I’ve been wrong about Haley Barbour all these years? Is it possible he’s not a complete, top-to-bottom, front-to-back vicious asshole? Could he really be correcting some hideous miscarriage of justice? Nah—

Both men, according to the affiliates, were working as trusties at the governor's mansion.

anasshole.jpg

Posted by Jerome Doolittle at January 09, 2012 06:16 PM

Comments

I would imagine killing people is much easier if you don't know them? Just guessing, although I have no use for the scum bag.

Posted by: knowdoubt on January 10, 2012 5:03 AM

It's up to four now; details at the link below. The two new murderers were also trusties at the governor's mansion. Somebody's got to stop this guy before he pardons again.

Posted by: Jerry Doolittle on January 10, 2012 11:08 AM

i consider the death penalty murder, most civilized countries have gone past that and in fact, consider it as a "hideous miscarriage of justice" in itself and on its on merits. I could go on but..

Posted by: knowdoubt on January 10, 2012 5:36 PM

oops, pardon me, not about the death penalty, I get it now. My bad. Our prisons are full of people who shouldn't be there, We have 5% of the world's population and 25 percent of it's prison population, but he managed to find some of the worst that should be there to turn loose. I did say he was a scum bag.

Posted by: knowdoubt on January 11, 2012 5:29 AM

I bet the pardoned were all white, too...

Posted by: Bendra on January 11, 2012 10:22 AM

I bet they weren't, Bendra. Whoever heard of a "house whitey?"

Posted by: Lou Garou on January 11, 2012 10:41 AM

14 now, and who knows how many more?

Posted by: Buck on January 11, 2012 12:43 PM

Hmm, curiouser and curiouser, Buck. I no longer know what to think. More details here:

Posted by: Jerry Doolittle on January 11, 2012 1:16 PM