December 05, 2011
Comrade Kermit

On Fox Business, Eric Bolling asks the question no one else dares to:

“ARE LIBERALS TRYING TO BRAINWASH YOUR KIDS AGAINST CAPITALISM?”

Two thoughts:

1) The Muppets are currently owned by the Walt Disney Company. It is extremely unlikely that a major corporation is attempting to brainwash kids against capitalism. Especially a major corporation that markets directly to your kids. (Full disclosure, if anyone is interested: Said major corporation currently employs me.)

2) We don't need the Muppets to brainwash kids against capitalism. Our current version of scorched-earth capitalism is doing that very nicely all by itself.

How ’bout a little professional curtesy, Mr. Bolling? It is unseemly, to say the least, for one puppet to attack another...

Posted by Kurt Weldon at December 05, 2011 01:43 PM

Comments

Oh, I really needed a laugh today and that last line did it!

Posted by: Rachelle on December 5, 2011 2:33 PM

It gets worse. South Park is owned by Viacom, which is owned by Sumner Redstone, a known communist.

Posted by: Fast Eddie on December 5, 2011 5:39 PM

My oldest boy, now 32, grew up watching the Muppets. In my last conversation I had with the dear boy, he felt the top 1% should keep their tax breaks so they would "create jobs" with the money. I pointed out that these tax breaks are now a decade old, and the $300 the rest of us got out of this "tax break" is long spent.

Unfortunately, FOX, CNN and talk radio have more clout than mother.

So, I would have to say, no, Kermit failed miserably in trying to brainwash my son.

Posted by: Pat In Massachusetts on December 7, 2011 6:40 AM

Actually I thought the new Muppet Movie pulled its punches kind of cautiously on the response to the tycoon. It's more charity than solidarity that saves the day.

Posted by: Martha Bridegam on December 7, 2011 4:31 PM

Poor Pat! It must be so sad to have a wayward child. These things don't happen in the "Faith Community." They whip their kids with plumbing supply tubing until their brains die. Take a look:

Posted by: Pluma Lashley on December 7, 2011 5:14 PM