December 09, 2008
World’s Dumbest Human

The race for the world’s dumbest human has always been very tight, but folks, we finally have a winner:

CHICAGO – Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was arrested Tuesday on charges of conspiring to get financial benefits through his authority to appoint a U.S. senator to fill the vacancy left by Barack Obama’s election as president.

According to a federal criminal complaint, Blagojevich also was charged with illegally threatening to withhold state assistance to Tribune Co., the owner of the Chicago Tribune, in the sale of Wrigley Field. In return for state assistance, Blagojevich allegedly wanted members of the paper’s editorial board who had been critical of him fired.

A 76-page FBI affidavit said the 51-year-old Democratic governor was intercepted on court-authorized wiretaps over the last month conspiring to sell or trade the vacant Senate seat for personal benefits for himself and his wife, Patti.

What puts Blagojevich over the top is that he did all this in full knowledge of the fact that the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois is Patrick J. Fitzgerald, the hard-nosed straight arrow ex-rugby player who nailed Mafia capo John Gambino, the 1998 U.S. Embassy bombers, World Trade Center bomber Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, and Cheney’s Cheney, Scooter Libby. Oh, yeah, in the Libby case he wrestled the New York Times to the mat as well.

Posted by Jerome Doolittle at December 09, 2008 11:11 AM

Comments

FUCKEM!!I,HOPE DAILY IS NEXT! ALONG WITH THE SUM BAG!
CLINTONS! LOCK THEM ALL UP!AND TAKE BACK ALL THE MONEY THEY STOLE FROM THE TAX!PAYER!
AND DEPORT THEM TO A,3RD, WORLD COUNTRY!!
TELL THE REST OF THOSE SUM BAGS! THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!
HAD ENOUGH OF THERE BULLSHIT!! AND THEY ALL BETTER WALK LINE!! AND THE FUCKIN NEWS METER WHO HELPS THESE BUMS! BY HOLDING BACK THE TRUTH!AND NOT REPORTING!IT TO
THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

Posted by: RAY SARAGUSA on December 9, 2008 12:07 PM

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution to our dialogue, and God bless!

Posted by: The Church Lady on December 9, 2008 12:33 PM

This award is usually short-lived; someone is out there doing something that will snatch the trophy out of today's winner's hands as we speak.

Think of all the turnovers for this year alone!

Posted by: Bendra on December 9, 2008 2:49 PM

Pat Fitzgerald deserves every good thing that comes to him.

Posted by: Mahakal on December 9, 2008 5:37 PM

Agree with you Bendra. This award has more competition than the high point scorer on Pac-Man,and turnover is just about as great. I think one sure-fire way to enter into the competition is to tell the press/public/DOJ--"They can follow me,video tape me,wiretap me-I don't care---I've got nothing to hide" ala Gary Hart/Donna Rice-Former CO Senator running for Pres. Dem nomination-1984. You'd've thought the words would have reverberated in Blagojavich's mind as he was saying them!

Posted by: Tony Waters on December 9, 2008 8:36 PM

Wow. *sniff sniff sniff* I smell a troll who is still upset with the republicans getting their asses handed to them in the last election! Has this person noticed ANY of the corruption coming out of the republican party over the last...8....years...or the TRILLIONS MISSING? Okay, nevermind. I'm beating a dead horse again.

Posted by: KayInMaine on December 9, 2008 9:10 PM

Thx for being fair, doolittle.

Posted by: mickey1 on December 10, 2008 12:15 AM

Nah, I've been discussing this with friends, and we think Pennsylvania State Treasurer Bud Dwyer still holds the record in the politicians category. Found guilty of corruption charges, he called a press conference and live on camera shot himself in the head.

Posted by: Joyful Alternative on December 10, 2008 11:04 AM

I just remembered I forgot to blog lennon the other anniversary day so I'm the dumbest in the world. It was a bad day to be hip...

Posted by: mickey1 on December 10, 2008 2:29 PM