December 14, 2008
Adolph Hitler Campbell

Brother Bill sends this dispatch from The Lehigh Valley Express-Times. He knew perfectly well I couldn’t resist posting it. I have added several comments from the paper’s readers. Others may occur to you.

JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell and Adolf Hitler Campbell.

Good names for a trio of toddlers? Heath and Deborah Campbell think so. The Holland Township couple has picked those names and the oldest child, Adolf Hitler Campbell, turns 3 today.

This has given rise to a problem, because the ShopRite supermarket in Greenwich Township has refused to make a cake for young Adolf’s birthday.

“We believe the request ... to inscribe a birthday wish to Adolf Hitler is inappropriate,” said Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman.

The Campbells turned down the market’s offer to make a cake with enough room for them to write their own inscription and can’t understand what all of the fuss is about…

From FLBryce: If they have twins will they name one Ass and one Elbow because they can’t tell them apart?

From goback2nj: is that a mullet? in 2008? wow! that alone is almost child abuse

From van2028: What I see here is a craving for media attention. In my short 18 1/2 years on this earth, I can pretty much say that I have never seen a full name on a cake… Adolf, you have a very happy birthday, cake or not. I apologize for your parents stupidity as well. Oh yea, and have fun being unemployed in 20 years.

nazilittle.jpg

Posted by Jerome Doolittle at December 14, 2008 09:19 PM

Comments

I don't get it.

Posted by: Bubonic Plague Simmons on December 14, 2008 10:09 PM

The kids are going to take a lot of abuse in school, but chances are that at some point, probably not too long after they turn 18, they will quietly seek out a lawyer and get their names changed. Score one for the lawyers.

But somehow,the famous lady named Ima Hogg made it and made a name for herself as well in the antiques world and was known for her philanthropy. There is a long wikipedia entry on Ima, known as "The First Lady of Texas". And she was quite a lady. But Ima's parents were nothing like the two cretins who are the parents of these poor children.

Posted by: Buck on December 15, 2008 7:45 AM

Aryan Nation and Daolf Hippler seems pitty glear, put hoo is

Honszlynn Hinler

???

Immler's doughter?

Buy se name off Hanns Lynndie?

Posted by: trpee on December 15, 2008 10:22 AM

Simple, trpee. It's Heinrich Himmler, spelled phonetically by a man illiterate in both English and German. And did you notice the swastika tattoo on Herr Campbell's hand?

Posted by: Fast Eddie on December 15, 2008 10:54 AM

If only I ran child protective services......

Posted by: Em on December 15, 2008 1:43 PM