January 15, 2008
The Speech We Should Have Written

I think I speak for all of Carterís speechwriters (with one probable exception, a gentlewoman from Georgia) when I say I wish I had written this speech for him before The Onion did. Warning: prefrontal nudity and mild profanity.

carter.jpg

Posted by Jerome Doolittle at January 15, 2008 07:45 AM

Comments

I do hope your distinguished writers aspire to take this one on in order to produce an eloquent, well-edited version of these fundamentally great ideas. (I especially go for the Recycle Carter/Mondale suggestion.)

Then again, maybe your envy of the creation of this filthy, disgusting narrative indicates a sad and serious (mis)judgement call on your part about the mentality and sensitivity level of the American people.

Offended as I am by this foulmouthed, faked presentation from the mouth of one who would be totally incapable of stooping so low to get across a point, I do like the photograph.

Posted by: mfd on January 15, 2008 12:37 PM

Has President Carter been reading this site too much? The speech would certainly indicate that he is developing a very health bad attitude, one to which all of us bad attitudeans aspire to.

Mfd, please, get with the program. I suggest spending some time with the Rude Pundit and his site to be convinced that we here at Bad Attitudes are rather mild in our disapprobation of true evil, whereever and whenever it exists.

Posted by: Buck on January 15, 2008 2:32 PM

Buck, please believe me. I am a true convert to the bad attitudean "disapprobation of true evil, whereever and whenever it exists."

However, I prefer to read and share your thoughts under the illusion, perhaps, that I am a valued part of your vast audience who seeks you out to relish in your passion and articulately-developed questions and recommendations and genuine thoughts on multitudes of relevant issues that concern all of us today.

No, Buck, I shall exercise my choice to avoid reading the Rude Pundit, even if you refer us to it in the future. However, I must admit that, blitzed and lost, certainly overwhelmed, somewhere in all that shock and vulgarity and redneck ranting, there were a few quite relevant thoughts.

Posted by: mfd on January 15, 2008 5:29 PM

Jerry -
You sure you didn't write this?

Posted by: Don on January 16, 2008 10:05 PM

I like to think Mr. Carter's favorite organ is above his neck.

Posted by: Martha Bridegam on January 17, 2008 12:11 AM

Right on, Martha!!!!
And, Don, oh how you do flatter me!!!!!

Posted by: mfd on January 17, 2008 1:29 PM