June 07, 2006
The Fundamental Orifice from Oklahoma

From the Senate Majority Project:

During today’s same-sex marriage amendment debate, Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) used a prop of a blown-up photo of his family (some 20 people or so). Gesturing towards the photo, he said:

(MR. INHOFE) As you see here, and I think this is maybe the most important prop we’ll have during the entire debate, my wife and I have been married 47 years. We have 20 kids and grandkids. I’m really proud to say that in the recorded history of our family, we’ve never had a divorce or any kind of a homosexual relationship.

From (Jerry Doolittle):

My wife and I have been married 50 years. We have 15 kids and grandkids. I’m really proud to say that in the recorded history of our family, we’ve had quite a few partial assholes, but never a complete one like Imhofe.

Oh, and another thing. Inhofe’s official homepage, as of this morning, reports that “Inhofe has been married to his wife, Kay, for 46 years and has four grown children and twelve grandchildren.” Apparently the senator didn’t bother to take his shoes off before doing the addition.

inhofe.jpg

Posted by Jerome Doolittle at June 07, 2006 11:03 AM

Comments

Fundamental orifice? Cute.

Posted by: CCRyder on June 7, 2006 2:19 PM

It's from an old rugby song about the snow-blinded Wicky-wacky Bird of the North Pole that flies in ever smaller circles until it disappears up its own fundamental orifice. Kind of like George W. Bush chasing his base, now that I think of it.

Posted by: Jerry Doolittle on June 7, 2006 3:32 PM

So? That leaves much he isn't saying. No divorces? What about adulterous liasons? What about threesomes? What about hot monkey love with a neighbor?

The Clintons have been married for more than 30 years. Longevity of a union has nothing to do fidelity. The absence of divorce may mean there are compelling reasons to avoid one.

Posted by: spiiderweb on June 7, 2006 8:19 PM

He forgot to mention the obvious liaisons -- big time incest. Inhofe is, wihout question, the dumbest Senator in the Senate. I grew up in Oklahoma (not my fault) but had the good sense to leave. What a dumbass state for electing this moron.

Posted by: t on June 8, 2006 9:18 AM

Inhofe and Coburn as senators.
Okies, you're not doing much to dispel your stereotype as the most bigoted, ignorant, Jeebus-addled redneck state in the country.

Posted by: Doyle on June 9, 2006 1:39 AM