May 07, 2006
Fun at the Pump

I have my doubts about impeachment, on the theory that having Cheney as vice president is bad enough. But nevertheless, in that spirit of fair play which so categorizes Bad Attitudes, here’s a suggestion from the Impeach Bush Coalition:

These days, there is no better place to get your point across to the average American than while he/she is standing there at the gas pump. Aren’t we all muttering at the gas pump these days? So here is my (latest) call to arms.

Let’s reach the American gas consumer at the moment he/she is most open to our message, while he/she is pumping gas. How?

Guerrilla Advertising!!

A nicely placed “Impeach” sticker, right next to the “Dollars and Cents” dial on your local gas pump will do the trick.

It’s one word. Impeach. But sitting there on the Exxon gas pump, juxtaposed with the cost of fuel, it really says it all, doesn’t it?

Posted by Jerome Doolittle at May 07, 2006 11:47 AM

Comments

Around Christmas, I started writing "impeach" on my dollar bills before I spent them. All of a sudden, the leftblog "dump Bush" concept started popping up in newspapers and on TV.

So let's do it to gas pumps, too. At the very least, it'll cheer up lefty gas buyers.

Posted by: Joyful Alternative on May 7, 2006 3:05 PM

I have a dream.

After the Dems sweep the Congress clean and Bush and Cheney are impeached and sent off to Europe for their war crimes trials, President Pelosi signs the Universal Health Care Act into law followed by the War Profits Repatriation Act...

sigh...

Then I wake up, and before pulling the covers back over my head, lift the phone and say "Good Morning" to General Hayden.. and weep softly for a while.

I am not sure living in the reality based universe is a curse or a blessing.

Posted by: albaz on May 7, 2006 3:24 PM

There is no reason not to have a two for one sale on impeachments.The grounds are exactly the same. The speaker of the House would become President.

This won't happen unless the Dems win both houses, or the Repubs wise up.

Posted by: m on May 7, 2006 4:15 PM

M is right. Impeaching Bush won't change a thing except the quality of presidential speeches. We have to take them both out.

Posted by: spiiderweb on May 7, 2006 8:03 PM

God, yes, we have to impeach them both - nothing less will do. And we have to do it with a Democratic House, of course. Then we get President Pelosi. She's not my dream candidate, but it does kill several birds with one stone.

Posted by: Avedon on May 9, 2006 7:51 PM