December 06, 2005
I Gotta Agree

There is no improving on the flag burning piece by Ms. Carol. Her conclusion: Hillary bad, Gore good.

Posted by Wayne Uff at December 06, 2005 06:35 AM

Comments

I can agree on the first half: Hillary bad.

But Gore? Give me a break.

Draft Gore, Avedon says. And lose, I say. Why don’t we just nominate Kerry again, or Dukakis, and admit the Democrats are history?

Posted by: Chuck Dupree (Belisarius) on December 6, 2005 1:49 PM

Or we could go whole hog and nominate Wesley Clark. That’ll make the Democrats look tough. Dumb, but tough.

Posted by: Chuck Dupree (Belisarius) on December 6, 2005 2:07 PM

Hillary and Lieberman. That's the ticket.

Posted by: tstreet on December 6, 2005 2:48 PM

Gore will win if he runs the right way, as I think he might.

Gore has grown from his experience, and has filled out the suit of clothes that we have in mind for presidents.

Seasoned, tough, no surprises. America in these times will be instinctively reaching for experience, and no one except Dick Cheney has Gore's depth of experience, and Cheney can't win for Satan reasons.

If Gore continues on the clear, no-BS tone that he has struck in the past 3 years and plays like he doesn't care if he loses, he'll be awfully hard to stop.

Posted by: Wayne Uff on December 6, 2005 3:02 PM

I'll go along with Hillary's law if desecration includes sitting on a flag chair and flying a flag in the rain at night, the way it used to. Those flag T-shirts and flag throw rugs appall people raised with the flag code.

Posted by: Joyful Alternative on December 6, 2005 4:15 PM

I bought a pair of Earth Shoes yesterday, the Kalso kind. yep, they still make them. Inside the shoe on the flap is a small American flag with a logo below it &mdash designed in the US. Off to the right is "Made in China.
So every night I'll pull my stinky feet from inside the shoe and let the flag remain in the putrid odor. What the hell, all the flags are made in China anyway. Is there something wrong with burning a Chinese flag?

Posted by: Buck on December 6, 2005 6:36 PM

So tell me, Chuck, or anyone else who knows, what made Clark an attractive candidate to so many people? Nothing in his biography suggested to me that he'd be a good president. I watched him in a couple of venues on C-SPAN, and he seemed ill at ease and uninformed.
I'm sincere; this isn't a put-down. What's his drawing factor?

Posted by: Joyful on December 6, 2005 9:27 PM