November 18, 2005
Catblogging 11/18/2005

mabelthecat.jpg

Posted by Buck Batard at November 18, 2005 07:58 PM

Comments

Actually, I don't particularly like cats. I leave them alone, they leave me alone. We respect each other. But I knew a very respectable cat once who looked just liked this one. Came by the name of Mustard.
I honor him, this sneaky, vengeful, proud and easygoing bastard. May he never rest in peace, because he would be ever so bored.

Posted by: Peter on November 19, 2005 10:21 AM

I love cats and want to come back as one in my next life (Siamese of course). This guy looks mean and ready to growl and scratch. I much prefer it when they just glare at you as if you were too stupid to understand them.

Posted by: Bendra on November 20, 2005 10:37 AM

Well, actually, "he" is a she, and the two previous pictures taken before this one were of a sleeping cat.
Therefore, this picture was taken before morning make up.
She does hiss but doesn't scratch or bite unless you're a mouse or other garden pest-she's too lazy to climb tries to catch birds, although she occasionally manages to catch one walking.

Posted by: Buck on November 20, 2005 5:38 PM

...although she occasionally manages to catch one [bird]walking.
The thought of all that energy being expended positively wipes me out. Back to bed.

Maybe by Friday you can shoot her some kitty Wheaties.

Posted by: Bendra on November 21, 2005 8:44 AM

Well, I actually do have some rather gruesome pictures of her many catches-many too graphic for this family oriented website. One Friday morning she brought to the back door and ate two rats before noon. (leaving only the intestines and gall bladder as evidence). Perhaps we can hope Mr. Fitz can be as successful.

She doesn't expend much energy, but uses it wisely, thus her great sucess at protecting our non existent garden.

Posted by: Buck on November 21, 2005 9:41 AM

She looks like my sister's cat Artie, who sadly died this weekend. He had a good long life though and he died in his sleep on his bed in front of the heater. Not a bad way to go.

Posted by: Lenora on November 21, 2005 5:26 PM

She looks a lot like my cat Kitt except he's got a bit longer hair, fortunately he's an indoor cat, so I don't have to worry about offerings although he does like to chase shrews and play with them by ccatching them and releasing them and catching them again. When I took them away from him, he was ver put out.

Posted by: Cameron on November 25, 2005 6:45 AM